Revival Acoustics

i mysteriously received a subscription to Guitar Player Magazine (idk why) and i was looking through the pages of gear and came across Revival Acoustic Guitars.

I went to the website and looked at them and from the listed materials they look and sound like they are good. I don't know for sure though. The music places around Philadelphia don't have any of them.

They have Features like solid Indian Rosewood back & sides, solid stika top, X style bracing, cool inlays and binding. They use the same basic components as martin guitars. They are under $800.

Anyone ever play or know anything about Revival Acoustic Guitars cause I'm interested in maybe.... procuring one. Do they sound like they are well built?

thx

link to site:

http://revivalacoustics.com/

i mysteriously received a subscription to Guitar Player Magazine (idk why) and i was looking through the pages of gear and came across Revival Acoustic Guitars.

I went to the website and looked at them and from the listed materials they look and sound like they are good. I don't know for sure though. The music places around Philadelphia don't have any of them.

They have Features like solid Indian Rosewood back & sides, solid stika top, X style bracing, cool inlays and binding. They use the same basic components as martin guitars. They are under $800.

Anyone ever play or know anything about Revival Acoustic Guitars cause I'm interested in maybe.... procuring one. Do they sound like they are well built?

thx

link to site:

Hey man!!!!!!!

My name Is Jake Flood I work for the company Major Music Supply, we do the Revival guitars you can go to this site http://www.instrumentalsavings.com/SearchResults.asp to check out our stuff. If you need a dealer closer contact me via E-mail at jake_majormusicsupply@yahoo.com we are still pretty small so I would actually pack your order myself. So if I got an order from instrumental I would know it is you and pick you a good one. these are great guitars man I cant say enough good things about them. All martin specs like you said. I've worked for alot of wholeselers in the area thewse are by far the best guitars I've come across.

Thanks again

MuddyFlood

Blues fan for life

thx

link to site:

Hey man!!!!!!!

My name Is Jake Flood I work for the company Major Music Supply, we do the Revival guitars you can go to this site

//www.instrumentalsavings.com/SearchResults.asp to check out our stuff. If you need a dealer closer contact me via E-mail at jake_majormusicsupply@yahoo.com we are still pretty small so I would actually pack your order myself. So if I got an order from instrumental I would know it is you and pick you a good one. these are great guitars man I cant say enough good things about them. All martin specs like you said. I've worked for alot of wholeselers in the area thewse are by far the best guitars I've come across.

Thanks again

MuddyFlood

Blues fan for life

Hey, are these American made? Good to hear we are stillcompetitive it they are.

I thought for a second you were talking about the Breedlove imports(the Revival Series). I wonder if this is a name association thing(since Breedlove is pretty well known). Anywho... Know nothing about them. They look like another import. Can be ok for the price, but I would never buy one unless I played it myself first(GOLDEN RULE WITH ACOUSTICS). I could care less about specs, because it means little as to how good it will sound.

Peace,Rich

I thought for a second you were talking about the Breedlove imports(the Revival Series). I wonder if this is a name association thing(since Breedlove is pretty well known). Anywho... Know nothing about them. They look like another import. Can be ok for the price, but I would never buy one unless I played it myself first(GOLDEN RULE WITH ACOUSTICS). I could care less about specs, because it means little as to how good it will sound.

Peace,Rich

Lol, I cant even trust my ear anymore. I would record the dang thing first, to hear what it sounds like. I did that with some 'great sounding' plywood martins that 'blew me away'. Guess what? They sounded like crap on tape. - $1800 Rosewood MArting, sounded like a 'deal' but when I got home?- Crap (Im a mahogany guy) My latest was a rosewood $600.00 deal. It SOUNDED like the best guitar to me for the $, but I know it .......sounds like crap most likely.

Yea, look for used on craigslist or pawnshop, and take a knowlegable friend, or have someone else play it for you to hear what it really sounds like.

speaking of breedlove anyone got one

i really want one

I have played a few, and I am a fan of most things Oregon(LOL). Some sound good and some sound so so. They have a good strong low end generally which I like. The imports are as hit and miss as any other import(certainly gems to be had, but you have to play around till you get one). If you get one made at the original factory they are generally great sounding guitars.

GW- That is not that uncommon(what you are finding). Most people are going to opt for a Mahogany backed guitar in the studio(the record well). Of course recording good and being a favorite to play or listen to live is different. Drums are much the same. A live kit and studio kit are different animals.

Peace,Rich

found a sound clip of Revival

http://www.luthiery.woodyboyd.net/audio/RG27.mp3

just in case you wanted to check it out

Uh, not to be harsh, but I dont think I would want woody to demo my guitar. (sorry woodman, whoever you are :D )It sounds ok, I guess, you would have to check them out in person. Check your local craigslist for used guitars also. I would not buy any guitar online without a 7 day full refund minus shipping cost no questions asked etc... B)

Now, if you want to spend $450.00-$600.00 on an all solidwood Carpathian top guitar that (sounds great)??, but from an 'unknown' maker, and you can wait 4 or 5 months... I may know a guy......:D

Edited by GoodWood

found a sound clip of Revival

http://www.luthiery.woodyboyd.net/audio/RG27.mp3

just in case you wanted to check it out

Uh, not to be harsh, but I dont think I would want woody to demo my guitar. (sorry woodman, whoever you are :D )It sounds ok, I guess, you would have to check them out in person. Check your local craigslist for used guitars also. I would not buy any guitar online without a 7 day full refund minus shipping cost no questions asked etc... B)

Now, if you want to spend $450.00-$600.00 on an all solidwood Carpathian top guitar that (sounds great)??, but from an 'unknown' maker, and you can wait 4 or 5 months... I may know a guy......:D

i'm listening

do you have a site??

No not yet. I will have a myspace with my MP3 samples, but not from my build as Im still on the first build, and I would keep the second build until the third is done to watch the neck/action and break it in. So it could be a while. Im also in a perfect humidiy climate (30-40%) not sure what would happen to it in South Carolina or whereever!

Although the sides are bent to fit the mold (almost) so its downhill from here! :D

(I think I will make that my quote.)

Edited by GoodWood