Info For Hardwoods Humidity Sensitivity?

I know there are sites which list the density of various hardwoods, but is there anyplace to find out about how they compare for sensitivity to humidity? (what terms to search on in Google)

For instance, I've found that Ebony seems to be very sensitive to changes, but I'm particularly interested in Hard maple, Alder, Ash, and Mahogany (probably the 4 most common electric guitar woods). Which of those 4 is probably least variable to changes in humidity?

And is there anyway to treat hardwood to make it less changeable? (Sealers, hardeners, etc?)

Actually, There is a lot of info out there, and I know I have typed till my fingers hurt in topics here on this subject. Do a search through the topics here and you will find many links and explanations. Outside this forum, you can look for the wood handbook put out by the US Department of Agriculture,Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory which contains a load of information(on many helpful subjuects). You can do a search for wood drying processes also which will yeild a lot of info.

You are going to find shrinkage rates for wood that relate to the total volumetric shrinkage, then more specifically the relationship between radial, tangential, and longititudinal(these relationsships will help determine generally which woods have more balanced shrinkage, or lower total shrinkage). The wood drying(air and or kiln) information will help you understand the transformations that occur in the wood as it is drying(pressure, how it is released and so forth). The wood handbook has a section on finishing also that gives data on different finishes and how much they slow the transfer of moisture due to seasonal humidity changes(nothing will stop this process completely). I wish I had links handy, but I don't. I know for sure they are in topics on this site(because I put many of them there). Good luck hunting!

Peace,Rich