Alsa Speed Clear

Has any one used Alsa's Speed Clear? (Catalyzed PolyUrethane) I will be doing a strat with thier Spectra FX and they reccomend to use thier Speed Clear. I will be using the Killer Kanz. Also, they recommended that I would only need one can of clear, is that going to be enough? I thought I heard that the Poly Urethane goes on heavier than laquers, but don't remember where I saw that.

Thanks,

Scott

Has any one used Alsa's Speed Clear? (Catalyzed PolyUrethane) I will be doing a strat with thier Spectra FX and they reccomend to use thier Speed Clear. I will be using the Killer Kanz. Also, they recommended that I would only need one can of clear, is that going to be enough? I thought I heard that the Poly Urethane goes on heavier than laquers, but don't remember where I saw that.

Thanks,

Scott

I do not use Alsa clear or the Killer Cans but I have several friends that use the spped clear over the mirra chrome. Most only use it to seal the chrome and then go to a regular high build clear. Speed clear does not have the gloss reetention thata slower curing clear has though and will die back. If you are sanding and buffing this should not be a big issue. Most spray cans have about 3 oz of paint in them, not sure on the killer cans. I would think that ou could get a couple coats out of one can.

Thanks,

Scott

I do not use Alsa clear or the Killer Cans but I have several friends that use the spped clear over the mirra chrome. Most only use it to seal the chrome and then go to a regular high build clear. Speed clear does not have the gloss reetention thata slower curing clear has though and will die back. If you are sanding and buffing this should not be a big issue. Most spray cans have about 3 oz of paint in them, not sure on the killer cans. I would think that ou could get a couple coats out of one can.

I am not a big fan of their clear. It is extremely humidity dependant or finicky if you catch my drift and doesn't build well at all.