Neck Pocket Too Thin?

I like to build my guitars with thin bodies, and so the body blank for the bass I'm building is only 32mm thick. As it is going to be a bolt on this would mean the neck pocket would only be about 12mm (1/2") thick. Do you think this would be strong enough or should I laminate a 10mm thick piece of wood onto the body blank? Thanks.

im doing the same with an sg im building right now. The neck pocket will be thin so you will have to use shorter screws but as far as i know the epiphone sgs are around that thickness and still bolt on so you should be fine. Post some pics ive never seen a bass that thin it should be cool to see.

im doing the same with an sg im building right now. The neck pocket will be thin so you will have to use shorter screws but as far as i know the epiphone sgs are around that thickness and still bolt on so you should be fine. Post some pics ive never seen a bass that thin it should be cool to see.

Okay thanks, yeah I just built an sg type guitar, which is only about 30mm thick, but it was thru-body so it didn't matter.