Thin Table Saw Blades For Kerf, Less Waste, Etc?

I went and bought some kerfing, and the cuts are wider than I expected. I did some on my bandsaw, and they are too narrow in comparison, (although they might have worked.) What kind of table saw blades are used for this>?

Also, I have some 3/8 ziricote I would like to cut in half, is this doable with a table saw blade to get usefull guitar wood? ?

Thx

Bandsaw is what I use for low loss. I use a thin blade on my sliding compound for cutting kerfs. Many people use just a bandsaw for cutting kerfed linings though. You can use a woodslicer and lose about 1/32" per. cut, most bandsaw blades will cost you a little less than 1/16". Typically you will lose about 2-3 times a bandsaws loss per cut using a table saw. If the blade is large enough to attempt thin resawing you will lose at least 1/8" per cut(about the thickness of an acoustic side). Then there is clean up to remove saw marks. A table saw will leave deeper marks because of the typical tooth set.

Peace,Rich

Bandsaw is what I use for low loss. I use a thin blade on my sliding compound for cutting kerfs. Many people use just a bandsaw for cutting kerfed linings though. You can use a woodslicer and lose about 1/32" per. cut, most bandsaw blades will cost you a little less than 1/16". Typically you will lose about 2-3 times a bandsaws loss per cut using a table saw. If the blade is large enough to attempt thin resawing you will lose at least 1/8" per cut(about the thickness of an acoustic side). Then there is clean up to remove saw marks. A table saw will leave deeper marks because of the typical tooth set.

Peace,Rich

Hmm, then what does LMI etc use? I like how thiers turned out. You have to make more cuts with the bandsaw. An Ima goin crazy after an hour or so. :D

Peace,Rich

Hmm, then what does LMI etc use? I like how thiers turned out. You have to make more cuts with the bandsaw. An Ima goin crazy after an hour or so. :D

I dunno what LMI does. Take a look at these links maybe they will give you ideas.

link

link2

link3

Edited by fryovanni