1st Wiring Attempt - Ready To Start.. Stuck!

homtoare

hello to all. i think my initial post was a bit long winded so i am condensing it a bit:

i want to wire a p90 and a seymour duncan single coil sized humbucker.

i have the following (plus wire capacitors etc):

2 X rocker switches (2-position switches) for turning on or off the P-90 and the Duncan pickup (this replaces a typical LP selector switch or Strat-style blade switch)

1 X mini-switch for choosing between single-coil or humbucker (for the duncan)

2 X tone

1 X vol

and i want to have the following pickup combinations:

p90 on own

p90 with single coil

p90 with humbucker

single coil on own

humbucker on own

i really need help with how to wire this all up so if anyone can help i would be very happy.

thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

cheers.

Edited by homtoare

I read, but I'm no help. :D

Let me help clarify, though. For the pickup combinations you listed, you have the following hardware:

2 X rocker switches (2-position switches) for turning on or off the P-90 and the Duncan pickup (this replaces a typical LP selector switch or Strat-style blade switch)

1 X mini-switch for choosing between single-coil or humbucker (for the duncan)

2 X tone

1 X vol

It should be rather doable, but I just don't have the skillz, either.

yea that's it, i did make it a bit complicated i guess!

any ideas people?

i'd be willing to make a small donation if someone could wack me up a wiring diagram....???

i am pretty desperate to get this done by the start of next week, so really all comments are welcome.

cheers to all.

my question about the tones is referring to what you want them to do in the guitar (a tone for each pickup or 2 tones for both pickups with different caps) doesn't make a big difference either way just changes the wiring a little)

i assume you want to split the humbucker to get the single coil posistion ?

heres a rough diagram (i dont know what seymour duncan wiring is so i guess) mini switch is in the bottom right, i assume the 2 wires (red and white) get grounded to split the coil (ive never had a sd pickup so like i said im just guessing)

Green from the pickups is the ground

black from the pickups is hot (black wires are ground and hot on this diagram)

if anyone spots an error pls say ive been up all night and im prone to mistakes.

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/2483/wiringpn0.png

parallel is like strat wiring (all hots are joined together and all the grounds are) although the strat would have a 5way and usually the middle pickup is reverse wound and polarity.

series is like a humbucker (the ground from one pickup goes to the hot of the other and that makes 1 humbucking pickup) although if the polarity is wrong on one of the pickups there will be some phase differences