Depth Of A P90 Route?

I can't get the search to look for P90 cause it's only 3 characters!

I'm going to be putting P90s in a flat top guitar and I was wondering how deep should I make the route? Also, in Hiscock's book he shows some deeper areas in the route for the pole piece screws and wiring. How deep should this part be? Thanks for the help!

I made the routs in mine about equal to the depth of the pickup itself. This means that once you have the little pads in there, you can't quite get them at the same level as the guitar top w/ the screws tightened all the way. For what it's worth, I am happy w/ the range of motion I got and was able to find a nice sweet spot for both of the pickups.

I made the routs in mine about equal to the depth of the pickup itself. This means that once you have the little pads in there, you can't quite get them at the same level as the guitar top w/ the screws tightened all the way. For what it's worth, I am happy w/ the range of motion I got and was able to find a nice sweet spot for both of the pickups.

what he said but but i didnt go quite that deep

i found i could put wood shims in [3/8" ] to build it up to the sweetspot [1/8" under the string fretted at #22 worked good]

the chanel left in the centre is good for the cable and pole pieces. a real PIA setting a P90 but man that was a real dirty little blues guitar - i sold it to finance more builds

here she is:

41f6_3.JPG

the body was made from bits of mahogany i picked up off the shed floor. i started it as a protest body as i was havin a real hard time with a thinline i was building so i did that one to test out how easy a solid body would be of the same shape..

funny thing is the thinline still aint finished and she is gone to a guy in sydney who fell in love with it

Hey Ray, where did you get those knobs from? I bought some cream bell knobs from Allparts to go with my P90's but they were more "post-it" yellow than cream...looked horrid. I was considering buying clear knobs & painting the insides to get a decent match but those ones look quite good.