First Project

Here it is, the workmanship might be a little rough, i used a hand jigsaw to cut the perimeter, the only tool I used that plugs in is a dremel tool. I am kind of going for an old, obscure prototype look. I bought this body blank prerouted from Warmoth.com anyways, here's the work in progress:

DSCI0293.jpg

DSCI0338.jpg

painted.jpg

I had a lot of fun making it, from the time I first got the idea, it took me about two years to take action. Now I have it painted and the pickguard cut, I'm using gold alumitone pickups with a floyd rose. sadly I can't afford the floyd rose or the neck, so this project is on hold right now.

Whoa!

Freaky, but I like it.

Looks like it doesnt compromise functionality too, which is something that people seem commonly overlook on some of the more wild designs

I like the concept, and am always for thinking outside the box, but the design looks rather unbalanced to the eye. The top is really thin and has a deep waist to it, but the bottom looks rather chunky compared to the rest. I like the overall design and can see that there is something that can be worked out to really make the design look nice for a future project. I like the horns and the tail section, it's just the chunky control area and the thin waist that doesn't seem to fit together.

I completely understand cutting the body with a jigsaw since that is all that I have as well, but you never bothered to sand the side to remove the cut ridges. It is very wavy and rough. Which also means that you probably didn't sand any of the other areas down, so you are going to have a hard time getting a nice flat finish. Same thing for the carve, it looks really nice and helps the design immensely, but I can see that you didn't bother to sand the edges smooth so it has the same wavy rough look to it instead of a smooth contour.

It looks like you have some painters tape covering some areas in the last picture, if that is the case, please post some pictures with it removed if you have any. I would really like to see what the finaly design to the paint is since it is following the body shape. I think the paint design is going to come out nicely as well.