Boss Od1

Acousticraft

I bought a well used vintage Boss OD1 the other day quite cheaply from a music store. In slapped a battery in and it worked perfectly at home in front of my Vox AD50VT. When I set up for a practise before the gig it worked a couple of times then became weak, fuzzy and then would slowly grow louder. I played around with the connections on the leads then decided not to bother with it.

When I got home I tested the battery voltage which was good but found one of the bat clips was loose so I crimped it tighter and cleaned all battery connections and jacks with switch cleaner and cotton buds.

It worked perfectly when I retested it at home but wont no for sure until I use it at a gig whether it is reliable or not.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing with Boss pedals?

This thing has to be well over twenty years old but does sound awesome when going properly but if it isn't reliable Ill need to get it repaired or get rid of it.

I bought a well used vintage Boss OD1 the other day quite cheaply from a music store. In slapped a battery in and it worked perfectly at home in front of my Vox AD50VT. When I set up for a practise before the gig it worked a couple of times then became weak, fuzzy and then would slowly grow louder. I played around with the connections on the leads then decided not to bother with it.

When I got home I tested the battery voltage which was good but found one of the bat clips was loose so I crimped it tighter and cleaned all battery connections and jacks with switch cleaner and cotton buds.

It worked perfectly when I retested it at home but wont no for sure until I use it at a gig whether it is reliable or not.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing with Boss pedals?

This thing has to be well over twenty years old but does sound awesome when going properly but if it isn't reliable Ill need to get it repaired or get rid of it.

I have an old Ibanez Flanger that I had to crimp the battery terminal connections.

It's worked fine ever since, so I figure it should be fine.