My Second Build

Kenny

i decided that i wanted a more unorthadox shape for my second guitar. but i set out to look for insperations. i love the right horn on the mocking bird becuase it just feels so good when you sit down and play. but i didint lie that ugly stub on the left side

on the other hand i like the RG horn aswell as the MAB sig from deans horn. i mixed the 2 together a little drew it up, rendered it on the computer, blew it up to actual size, printed it out, taped it onto my wall with a pickup taped on for scale :D

hpim0312gn4.jpg

also note the fretboard is gonna be moved up a bit to more of an SGish style

the body will consist of a 3 peice laminate

curley bubinga top/walnut core/african mahagony body

now also, another addition that isnt seen on here is the mother of pearl binding on the fingerboard and headstock (same design as last guitar) the headstock will have an ebony veneer and be bound aswell

the "kaye" logo will be inlayed in Mother of pearl aswell

the neck is a 5 peice laminate maple and bubinga

but a nice accent, with no tonal qualities, becuase i like black outlines, im doing ebony veneers on the sides of the thru necks just as a very thin black line to make it sexy...what else can i say??

here are pictures of the quilted bubinga im using ( sorry bout the bad pic. )

Pic of the quilted bubinga

heres the mahagony im using

African Mahagony pic

here are specs for the curious

BODY:

top species - bubinga

Core species - walnut

body species - african mahagony

Neck:

5 peice laminate maple/bubinga

thru neck construction

ebony veneer accents

Fingerboard:

ebony no inlays sans side dots

jumbo wide pyramid frets

bound in mother of pearl

25.5" scale length

(dont have nut or 12 fret mesurments yet)

Headstock:

Kustom shape bound in mother of pearl

Kaye inlay in mother of pearl

3x3

Electronics:

(still deciding) airnorton/superdistortion seems like another solid choice again

ive gotten mixed feedback from differnt people.. oh well. itll sell good. im commisioned to make it for a local shop

what do you guys think!?

ps sorry for the long post if you get this far :D

Kenny

Edited by Kenny

thanks B)

i did stole one of the horns from a mocking bird :D then made it a little more extreme

well, i got to work a little today, but the planer i was using was HORRIBLE it caught ever inch or so. so i lost maybe 1/16th of wood and now gotta find a new planer :D

ill post pics as soon as i got the neck and the body laminates made!

well, the plan i have is just for the outline

after that i go by eye

and by eye i mean i measure out to 64th of an inch on the neck width and length, frets are mesured to 100th of a mm :D the templates just for shape

the reason its a bit rough is becuase all the proportions adn everything were the exact copy of the drawing to the side of the template. visually spoeaking i got the proprtions of the width of the eck within 1/16th of an inch of where i wanted it. the stringers...not so much :D i didnt have a ruler hahahah