Brazilian Rosewood Fretboards?

Nicko_Lps

I dont know if brazilian rosewood is better than madagascar or indian but i think that looks better to me.

All these 3 spieces have a major tonal diff?

Does the brazilian one offer more stability to the neck? :D

Can i find straight grain brazilian rosewood somewere for fretboards? :D

Comparing rosewoods with black african ebony what are the tonal differencies mid treb bass?

Thank you guys in advance.

Edited by Nicko_Lps

Exporting Brazilian Rosewood requires proper paperwork, if it is even legal at all(I can't recall for sure).

I know a bit about this; there are limited circumstances under which you can transport BRW lumber into or out of the US. According to CITES, you can buy/sell and transport BRW lumber within your country, but you cannot ship it out of the country. Also you cannot receive shipments from other countries. These are international laws, and apply to your particular country if your country is a signatory (member) to the CITES treaty.

I have an Argentine friend of mine in the US whose grandfather passed away 2 years ago, he was a clockmaker (high-end grandfathers) and had a stash of lumber that included some old-growth BRW. I had actually met him while doing field work in the Andes, and since his family in Argentina didn't want it, they passed it on to my friend who is passing it on to me. But it was a bit of a mess (and 6 months waiting) to submit the paperwork allowing him to bring it into the US. But the stuff is beautiful, it was well worth the BS and the wait.

Edited by erikbojerik

Exporting Brazilian Rosewood requires proper paperwork, if it is even legal at all(I can't recall for sure).

I know a bit about this; there are limited circumstances under which you can transport BRW lumber into or out of the US. According to CITES, you can buy/sell and transport BRW lumber within your country, but you cannot ship it out of the country. Also you cannot receive shipments from other countries. These are international laws, and apply to your particular country if your country is a signatory (member) to the CITES treaty.

I have an Argentine friend of mine in the US whose grandfather passed away 2 years ago, he was a clockmaker (high-end grandfathers) and had a stash of lumber that included some old-growth BRW. I had actually met him while doing field work in the Andes, and since his family in Argentina didn't want it, they passed it on to him to pass on to me. But it was a bit of a mess (and 6 months waiting) to submit the paperwork allowing him to bring it into the US. But the stuff is beautiful, it was well worth the BS and the wait.

Pfff!

Old? Brazilian rosewood?

ahhhh.....Lucky you.