Swirl A Guitar Body

Wow ricky that looks really nice, love the colours!

and dirge, scratchplate might have draw backs such as having a big un swirled section under it, although it would never be seen, would kinda anoy me.

Also paint will fill into the cavities through the pup holes, so make sure everything is sealed or painted, and all holes are filled with wax before swirling :D

• 2 months later...

What kind of store would you get borax at? Is there any alternative to borax, in case it's not available in this country? (the Netherlands)

On my miserably failed test piece without borax I noticed that the red doesn't completely cover. To counter this, would you make the basecoat red instead of black? (I'm aiming for a black/red swirl)

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't wait so I tested a whole bunch of stuff. Some of it really strange :D such as a certain evil tasting sauce. Eventually of all the tests salt seemed to do the most, though not by far enough. Then I remembered reading somewhere that borax is a bit similar to soda (not the English word for juice with bubbles), which by chance we had in the house. This worked fine! It really surprised me. I'm not sure if it reacts exactly the same as borax, but we swirled some random stuff including teabags :D. (Soon for sale on ebay under the "art" tag B)). Next weekend I'll probably try the one on one size swirl on a piece of wood with the same base colour my guitar is going to have. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Dirge for november