Complex Carved Top

So I've been looking at crazy heavy metal guitars, and this one popped up. It's an abstract "rockingbat"

rockingbat.jpg

I think it looks sick, and a loose copy would be cool, but I don't know about craving a top like that. What would that entail? Is it a good idea to even think about it?

So I've been looking at crazy heavy metal guitars, and this one popped up. It's an abstract "rockingbat"

I think it looks sick, and a loose copy would be cool, but I don't know about craving a top like that. What would that entail? Is it a good idea to even think about it?

It can be done, I don't think it is too hard to do it, I could do it. but be careful, don't bite more than you can chew.

I think you are the only one that can answer your own questions.

for my first build I decided to do a carved top, It turned out very well, but I don't think that it was very wise to start with something as complex as a carved top, neck angle, glued neck build. the good thing is that I learned a lot with that build. and that gave me confidence to keep pushing the envelope in my other builds.

You have to think about your skills, and your limitations to see If it's a good idea to try such a extensive carve as that?

I know I can do it, but could you?

(I don't wanna be rude to you, it's just that my english is not that good, and it may sound that I'm being harsh. but I'm not).

Edited by Hector