When To Finish

lwknives

do you finish the neck and body sepritly and then glue them together or do you glue them together and mask them of and finish it then? :D

do you finesh the front and back of the body at the same time?

what is the minimum temp you can finish at I will be finishing at winter and the bigest room i can paint in is about 10 by10 ,in other words how do you finish aguitar at winter time? :D

I am no expert at this, and please wait for a voice with more experience to speak up, but. I have always seen a set neck guitar neck glued into place before finishing. If you did them separately, too much of a chance of getting finish where the glue joint will be, plus gluing and clamping on a fresh finish doesn't sound like a good idea to me. As for front and back at the same time, depends on what you are doing, paint, stain, a burst, or clear coat.

Set neck together, bolt on doesn't matter.

Depends on how you set up, you can do front and back at the same time or separate

I have sprayed with cans when it was about 25 degrees outside, but I was in a small shack with my dual 500w lamps hitting the guitar. But just follow the recomendations of the paint you are using to be safe