Best Lube For Trem Setup?

I have seen special tremolo lube products such as Big Bends Guitar Sauce and Lizard Spit nut lube on the net.

Has anyone with a standard strat tremolo setup found a lube that will allow the strings to slide over the nut and saddles freely to return to pitch. I know pencil lead is commonly used for the nut slots.

I may make the nut from brass as that is naturally a good bearing material and I have some here anyway. I hope it doesn't make it too bright sounding.

I have thought of getting some graphite powder and mixing it with silicone lube.

What do you guys use?

I have seen special tremolo lube products such as Big Bends Guitar Sauce and Lizard Spit nut lube on the net.

Has anyone with a standard strat tremolo setup found a lube that will allow the strings to slide over the nut and saddles freely to return to pitch. I know pencil lead is commonly used for the nut slots.

I may make the nut from brass as that is naturally a good bearing material and I have some here anyway. I hope it doesn't make it too bright sounding.

I have thought of getting some graphite powder and mixing it with silicone lube.

What do you guys use?

Vaseline works for me. Tried graphite and pencil lead dust.