My Toggle Makes To Many Popping Sounds

zyonsdream

100_3651.jpg

I converted this 1974 Guild S90 into a one pickup guitar because it’s one of my personal beasts and I never use neck pickups. I thought it would be pretty trick to just have the one pup.

However, in doing so I had no need for the 3 way toggle switch and I really hate empty holes so I converted the three way into a kill switch. It’s active when in the neck position and dead in both the middle and bridge position. I have the positive shorting to ground and everything stays really nice and quiet when it’s toggled off but when toggling I find I get some static and a bit of popping at times.

I’d like to be able to maintain the same size hole that’s already there (no permanent changes) but I’d like a switch that’s quieter. Anyone have any ideas on a super quiet switch that will fit in an existing hole for an LP toggle?

I've done the push button kill switch before and I always find it harder to push down against the face of the guitar than I do with just toggling the switch.

When i replace the switch I might make both outside lugs active and just keep the center lug shorted. Cycling through the toggle could make for some interesting patterns.

I've done the push button kill switch before and I always find it harder to push down against the face of the guitar than I do with just toggling the switch.

Thinking about it in light of what you said, that makes a lot of sense. I had that in the back of my head to use later. Not any more!