1st Sound Clip Of Camelback Bass Mdf Prototype!

Boggs

IT'S ALIVE!!! This is just a solid MDF test mule of the CamelBack bass I have been building (the mockup of the purpleheart and Cuban mahogany one). No shielding from the Bartolini MV5CBC humbucking pickup directly into the V-Amp2 tube preamp patch and a tiny bit of reverb. No volume or tone pot or shielding or anything. JustStrings back ordered the .075 A string so that one is missing on this 5-string. The D string went a bit flat before the recording as it was newly strung and I had to answer the phone just before recording this, but it is a test mule for checking intonation and ability to set up. I have to move the bridges about .100" towards the neck to get this just right. These are extra light strings. .040/.060/.075(back ordered)/.095/.125 and are likely the reason for this. Chuck, my machinist, made a test nut from brass for this. Works excellent!! If I go with this, I will only have to ground one of the Hipshot TripleLoc bridges as the strings will have a common ground through the nut... Anyway, here is a lame test clip of it as I am clearly not a bass player and the missing string messes me up even further. It is just cool hearing it for the first time. The buyer has already indicated to me that she would also like a fretless version of this one!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Cyb...m/BassTest1.mp3

Could you possibly post pictures of it? I'd love to see what this thing looks like.

You can see the real one here. I have not taken pics of the MDF prototype. It is the same shape, but just made with MDF and not chambered. It is a test mule for checking intonation, cut depths, etc... I would have put this clip in that thread, but you cannot change the thread title to reflect changes... Boggs

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...77&hl=Boggs

I was just thinking that it would/will be interesting to do another recording using the chambered body with no controls at the same settings and hear the difference. Hopefully, it will be something I can try by this coming weekend. This is top stop strung rather than through the body. I will do it the same way when I test out the chambered body without controls and then later with controls.