Replacing Humbuckers With P-90s

I am not aware of any 'kit'.. A P90 is almost as large as a humbucker cavity. You'll have a hard time mouting it without a custom pickup ring to cover the 'ears' for the humbuckers mounting tab.

Check www.fretsonthenet.com

This guy makes custom pickup rings and stuff. Maybe he can build you custom rings. Just give him the dimensions. The only thing you will need to do is to drill new holes in the body for the ring, and 2 holes in the bottom of the cavity to mount the P90.

Edited by MescaBug

Actually he will also have to rout for the p90 since the humbucker rout is smaller than the p90.

Yeah, I was prepared for the additional routing--the p-90 is narrower, but longer, than a humbucker. It's the underside mounting and the ring I'm thinking about. It's a completely different mounting system.

It just screws directly into the wood , the screws are in between the poles if it's a soapbar, on the ears if it's a dogear. You should have received padded foam strips which are mounted below the pickup and will allow you to adjust the height.

Whatever ring or pickguard you use will need to cover the humbucker route, of course. Otherwise, there's no other system than that.

I am not aware of any 'kit'.. A P90 is almost as large as a humbucker cavity. You'll have a hard time mouting it without a custom pickup ring to cover the 'ears' for the humbuckers mounting tab.

Check www.fretsonthenet.com

This guy makes custom pickup rings and stuff. Maybe he can build you custom rings. Just give him the dimensions. The only thing you will need to do is to drill new holes in the body for the ring, and 2 holes in the bottom of the cavity to mount the P90.

Thanks, I will try him if I can't find a way to do it myself.