Default Strat Dimensions

Hello!

I've got two questions:

1. What are the dimensions of a standard strat body? I've got two plans and the difference is massive - one is more than 2 cm longer.

2. Does anybody have a link to a strat H-S-H routing tutorial?

I haven't got a link for routing, but the search facility should help you find one if it's here.

For plans for a Strat, try here.

Ok, you don't get the dimensions, but you do get a scale plan of most if not all recent Fender guitars. All I did when I had downloaded what I wanted was to take the scale length off of the printed out plan, compare it with 25.5 inches, take my printout to a copy shop and get them to scale the drawing up by that amount. In my case it was near an makes no odds 400% if I recall correctly, but I have no idea whether all their drawings are to the same scale

and I just saw this.

Hope this helps

Denis

So basicaly a real strat is about 4 times bigger than that plan =)

And you get the scale length like this:

"The preferred way to measure scale length is to measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret and double it. This is more accurate than nut to bridge as the individual bridge saddles are usually uneven." ?

You rock. I never got the idea to look on the Fender website :D

Post a reply only if I am wrong.

And the MIMF plan doesn't have any dimensions.

Edited by superca

So basicaly a real strat is about 4 times bigger than that plan =)

And you get the scale length like this:

"The preferred way to measure scale length is to measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret and double it. This is more accurate than nut to bridge as the individual bridge saddles are usually uneven." ?

You rock. I never got the idea to look on the Fender website :D

Post a reply only if I am wrong.

And the MIMF plan doesn't have any dimensions.

Yes, I am saying EXACTLY that. When you download the image, print it out and then do the math based on YOUR printout. It isn't going to be 100% exact, but I'd bet on better than 99% if you do it carefully.

You could do the same with the MIME plan as a cross check.

Denis