First Guitar Project

Well, I am building my first guitar and I am confused on what to do. I carved the body out of swamp ash, and it is in the shape of a LPS. My main concern is that it really isn't a really heavy or dense piece of wood. It only weighs 4 lbs. So I was wondering if humbuckers or P-90s would be better for it. I have a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard, I guess that would factor into the overall sound of this guitar as well. I play alot of blues, classic rock, and sometimes hard rock. What I am looking for is a nice even tone guitar that I can play clean and at times use my RAT for some nice distortion. I have a strat and it is just too shrill sounding, I want to avoid that. I want some warm tones, not just treble.

Some of the pickups I have been looking at are the Seymour Duncan Hot P-90s, they have some high output and I am not sure if my light piece of wood can take it. The only other pickups I have looked at are some Bill Lawrence 500s. I am new to this of course so any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Im putting together a alder bodied strat style guitar, but its rear routed and routed for 2 humbuckers, im in the same delima, i would suggest p100's, thats what im thinking about doing, with a push pull pot so you can have the hum cancelling for the harder stuff, great distortion with the rat, i like that pedal, but with single coil hum, kinda messy sounding, and then the single coil soapbar sound for the overdriven tube sounds, bluesy, at least thats what im considering, hope that helps, thats what im basing my decesion on, and welcome to the site.

jeremy

really im just going to slap something in there and see what happens, i know many people have different opinions about many different things, and they are all opinions, im just going to try my luck, if it dont sound that great to me, ill try something else, thats why im getting into this project thing, that way im not altering a factory solder joint so that someone later can say, but these have obviously been changed when it comes to reselling something you would be amazed what people tell u when they are in the bargaining mode for the best price, i dont blame em, i probably should too.