Good Evening (of Morning) to all:

I am known as Cincinnati Slim, real life as Jay. I am the new kid on the block. I'm a retired Mechanical Engineer and a dirty low down guitar picker. I like all kinds of music but BLUES AND BLUEGRASS are my thing. I play the blues on a vintage, mint condition 1962 Fender Jaguar and bluegrass on an old F65 Fender flat top.

I live in Franklin, Tennessee about 20 miles south of Nashville. I became interested just recently in building my own guitar.

I have surfed around the internet and finally came to roost on this forum.

Seems like a nice group of people so I Regestered and here I am doing my first post.

I am sure that in the weeks and months to come I will be trying to pick everyones brain for help. So please bear with me.

By the way, you people have build some very fine guitars.

If I can help anyone just ask and I will give it my best shot.

Hello Slim :D

Welcome to the boards, engineers are quite numerous around here so you'll fit right in. Any idea what you want to build?

Hi again and thanks for the welcome.

I really don't know what I want to build. I am in the research and design stage of this project like all engineers all the time.

I know that I want a warm clear tone and a very comfortable player.

I don't want the Fender stat sound, I have a 62 jaguar that (IMHO) sounds better that the strat.

Maybe something like a Les Paul or Gretch.

I do know that the shape will be more traditional rather than like a rock and roll axe.

Nothing against axes, just personal preference.

As I do research I will be asking questions so beware.

Old age and treachery win every time. :0)

Slim