Fretwire Bent In Shipping

stevieray

I just got some fretwire from All Parts that was bent in shipping. I'm wondering if I should bother returning it or if it can still be worked with. It was bent laterally (sideways) in an arc across quite a long section of the wire (2' lengths). I'm thinking that it's hosed and will never really be straight again. Anybody ever dealt with this?

Thanks,

Brad

Probably best if you could email them a photo. If it's bent bad enough, they might just sent you more, without you having to pack it up and ship back.

I once had a couple 2 foot lengths of StewMac wire bent sideways pretty bad, from what I considered a poor packing job. They replaced it and didn't make me send the damaged wire back. This was long ago, before the days of being able to email a photo.

Next time you want Allparts wire, check out what 'project guitar' owner Brian Calvert can do for you. Think he sells Allparts fret-wire on his universal jems website.