Quilted Acoustic Electric

Here is a recent creation.

A quilt top acoustic/ electric

Hollow Honduras mahogany body with a neck block and bridge block.

Very thin western bigleaf quilted maple top with acoustic bracing.

Honduras mahogany set neck.

Ebony board

Loyd Baggs bridge saddle pickup and active electronics mixed with passive TV Jones neck pickup

The whole guitar weighs about 4 lbs and fits into a Les Paul case.

The baggs electronics are amazing.........True acoustic sounds when it is plugged in.

Copy_of_Electric_acoustic_body.jpg

cheers,

Roman

Roman,

I am curious about your bracing. You mentioned acoustic style bracing and bridge block, and it looks like a pinned bridge. Tell us more :D Pics would be super if you happen to take a shot or two :D

Beauty finish!

Peace,Rich

Thanks Rich.

The Pins are strictly for the traditional look. At one point I worked at Tom Anderson Guitarworks, and they have a model called the Crowdster, which was an inspiration for my model.

There were many things I liked about the guitar, but some things I wasn't fond of.

1) It had a bolt on neck

2) the body size was very big.

3) it was strung thru the body and the strings came out of the holes where the pins would be.

I liked the idea of stringing thru the body, but liked the traditional look. So I went for bridge pins.

he stringing thru the back really contributes to the sustain and I needed somewhere to install a string ground for the TV jones pickups.

Instead of the Tele style string ferrules I machined a solid block with "built in ferrules".

The bracing is similar but different form traditional acoustic bracing. The Crowdster uses no bracing what so ever , but I wanted a thinner top, so opted for bracing.

With the smaller "Les Paul" size body, I wanted to get as much top vibration as I could out of the design, and I am quite pleased!

I wish I had some in progress pics but I don't have any........sorry.

Cheers, I hope that answers your questions

Roman

Thanks Erik!

The switch controls the pickups just like a normal 2 pickup instrument.

In this case it selects the passive tv jones or the active baggs , and in the middle selcts both.

I looked at your services, NICE. at some point i'll be in touch for some wood.

Roman

Here is a pic of the sister and the client.

This is the a little different in that it has the 2 TV jones filtertrons and the piezeo tunamatic bridge, but the construction is the same.

I'll dig up some more pics.

mike_and_ace_jpg.JPG