Fender Xii Bridge Assembly

Check Angela's Instruments for vintage Fender parts.

I set out to build one of these a long time ago; occasionally you can snag the original vintage parts on eBay, but be prepared to be patient (like, years). But I've seen the original pickguards, loaded with pickups and period-correct pots, come and go (infrequently). I saw an original bridge once, it went for over $200.

You won't find another source for that bridge anywhere, and you certainly won't find it in gold; if you can't source the original, your next best bet is to score a Squier Venus 12-string for parts, it uses the same bridge. Then find someone to electroplate it for you.

Check Angela's Instruments for vintage Fender parts.

I set out to build one of these a long time ago; occasionally you can snag the original vintage parts on eBay, but be prepared to be patient (like, years). But I've seen the original pickguards, loaded with pickups and period-correct pots, come and go (infrequently). I saw an original bridge once, it went for over $200.

You won't find another source for that bridge anywhere, and you certainly won't find it in gold; if you can't source the original, your next best bet is to score a Squier Venus 12-string for parts, it uses the same bridge. Then find someone to electroplate it for you.

Thanks I saw those and they dont look bad , yes I am after a Venus too if anyone has one

Steve

The modern 12 string strats use the gotoh bridge which can be found here, in gold:

http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar-bridg...002,Product.asp

I have one of these in chrome. Really cool bridge. I was going to be putting on a hollow 12 string les paul, but the guitar got damaged before I finished it and I'm in the process of converting to 6 string which means I have a set of 12 string hardware which I need to make a new guitar for :D

Pete

The modern 12 string strats use the gotoh bridge which can be found here, in gold:

http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar-bridg...002,Product.asp

I have one of these in chrome. Really cool bridge. I was going to be putting on a hollow 12 string les paul, but the guitar got damaged before I finished it and I'm in the process of converting to 6 string which means I have a set of 12 string hardware which I need to make a new guitar for :D

Pete

Yes I meant the 12 string Venus, as it has all the same hardware the XII Fender had. I have an XII and will clean up the parts and see if I can have gold plated. I thnk not as the saddles look as if they maybe stainless steel

On the other reply, the bridge I have looked at and seems to do the business , and other peoples opinions matter and help when making theses choices. Do you think the saddles can be bought separately ? Eg to make a 12 string tremollo assembly ?

I have an XII and will clean up the parts and see if I can have gold plated. I thnk not as the saddles look as if they maybe stainless steel

Fender XII or Venus XII??? If you have an original Fender XII, do not mess with it...there is actually a small but dedicated vintage market for them, it would be way better to use a Venus XII for parts rather than mess up a vintage instrument.

Do you think the saddles can be bought separately ? Eg to make a 12 string tremollo assembly ?

Nope.

I have an XII and will clean up the parts and see if I can have gold plated. I thnk not as the saddles look as if they maybe stainless steel

Fender XII or Venus XII??? If you have an original Fender XII, do not mess with it...there is actually a small but dedicated vintage market for them, it would be way better to use a Venus XII for parts rather than mess up a vintage instrument.

Do you think the saddles can be bought separately ? Eg to make a 12 string tremollo assembly ?

Nope.

Yes it is a Fender XII Sunburst , very tasty guitar to play and I forgot to photo the old original strings before I took them off, as they are strung differently toa normall 12 string.

I believe for the octave 6, 5, 4, and 3rd strings that from memory they use, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 1st ? Definitely with light strings and velvety feel under your fingere. Does anyone know for sure what they use ? Could it be 2, 2, 1, 1st, oe even 1,1,1, 1st .

Yes they were the original strings after all these years and they only went dead recently about 2 years ago - ( maybe more as I hadnt oilded themm and the guitar was standing exposed in a cupboard for 20 years at least :D . That unusual combination of strings helped give it that more balanced 12 string sound that was acoustically sounding when going through an amp unlike the Burns Double six I once had that was heavy sounding ( mine was not strung in unison strings and pitch, but like a conventional 12 string, guess the previous owner had no idea that they are strung with 2 identical string sets, mandolin style, no octaves only unisons.)