Triton 3 1/4hp Plunge Router

zyonsdream

Correction 2 1/2 HP router

I purchased this router thinking “bigger is better” and unfortunately since I hold my routers and use templates this router is just too much power for me. It seems it’s best suited for table mounted use. I guess a person with more expertise would be able to handle the router better free hand but I found it to be too heavy for my tastes. I keep going back to my lighter 1 ¼ HP router.

This thing really is a monster though. I used it two or three times and cut like butter. It has a ½ cullet and a ¼ adapter cullet and has more horsepower than most cars!

It comes with the base plate extender and the edge guide (never used)

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=5890

Like I said, I used it two or three times and it hasn’t even cut the profile of a full guitar. It’s in clean “as new” shape.

100_3266.jpg

$135 plus $10.00 shipping to US only- paypal only. I’ve not have had good luck shipping overseas, sorry.

Contact me at zyon@zdguitars.com or message me here.

Edited by zyonsdream

For anyone considering it - I have one of these monsters (and yes, it's a MONSTER. Much bigger and heavier than either the PC690 or the Bosch EVS1617, both of which I have, both about the max size for hand use IMO), and it works fantastically in the table. Freehand, it's got good balance, but it's just a bit too big and bulk for guitar sized objects. It's also quite frighteningly powerful when freehanded.

Mounted in the table, it's an excellent choice. You can take the spring out (easier up and down adjustment), the collet auto locks when it's extended all the way up, so you can easily switch bits on-handed without removing the router from the table, and it works just great. Doesn't have through the table adjustment (not sure if it's an option), but I can't say I miss it. Tried the Bosch in the table, and while it was nice, this is just better.

If you're looking for a router for table mounting, look no further.