Expression Pedal

mojoDodo

I've got this multi-effects pedal, the zoom G1 for anyone who knows it, and it's got this control input for use with the wah-wah effect and many more. Basically i want to make an expressions pedal for this and from what i found out this is just a pot mounted in a pedal like those used for wah-wahs. I've got this 100K wah wah pot but seems like it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas why this is please help out.

Thanks.

:D MojoDodo :D

I've got this multi-effects pedal, the zoom G1 for anyone who knows it, and it's got this control input for use with the wah-wah effect and many more. Basically i want to make an expressions pedal for this and from what i found out this is just a pot mounted in a pedal like those used for wah-wahs. I've got this 100K wah wah pot but seems like it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas why this is please help out.

Thanks.

:D MojoDodo :D

That's a volume pedal you're talking about. An expression pedal is different, more involved electronics.

I was looking for an expression pedal for the bass synth pedal I bought, but didn't want something that would take up a lot of room on my pedalboard (no room left!)

So I bought a photo eye thingamajig --it's built directly into the jack, you 'play' it by cutting off/letting in light....don't know how well it will work, but should have some interesting results if it does.

I'm pretty sure they're easy to build if you can find the parts.

• 1 month later...

it is ususally a pot wired to ground. with a stereo plug. best guess depending on zoom's wiring. they have had different ones over the years. is to take a 100k pot and put aligator clips on a stereo cable and there you go. it will give you your available posistion