Midi Stompbox Controller

erikbojerik

OK....so I am planning my ultimate rig, part of which will be a MIDI-controllable effects loop for my stompboxes. I've searched on-line but these things seem to go by a variety of names that make a keyword search difficult, so I've been able to find only two:

Around $400

Voodoo Labs GCX loop switcher

Around $2700

Skrydstrup MR-10 loop system

AFAYK, is there anything else out there like these? They both consist of isolated and buffered effect loops with send/return, 8 of them for the GCX and 10 for the MR-10....so you have MIDI-actuated ON/OFF for 8/10 separate effect loops, the advantage being that a single MIDI program change message will tell which ones to be ON and which ones to be OFF.

• 2 weeks later...

My old man built one of these from scratch, I think he did 8 loops. You can basically have as many as you want, but until that 10 looper I'd never seen more than 8 as an off the shelf product. When we were researching it about 2 years ago, there was basically nothing available off the shelf.

Do you have a floorboard in mind, there seems to be a bigger range of them. I know even behringer makes one, a mate had one, they were pretty flimsy though, plenty of plastic.

My old man built one of these from scratch, I think he did 8 loops. You can basically have as many as you want, but until that 10 looper I'd never seen more than 8 as an off the shelf product. When we were researching it about 2 years ago, there was basically nothing available off the shelf.

Do you have a floorboard in mind, there seems to be a bigger range of them. I know even behringer makes one, a mate had one, they were pretty flimsy though, plenty of plastic.

someone posted a thread about his homemade one either yesterday or the day before I'm sure of it! you could go that route?