Starting Over

Well, I have heard a lot of suggestions, which I really appreciate, and here is what I came up with. I am going to build this guitar and here is what I am thinking about using. So tell me what you guys think.

Les Paul DC style body carved out of mahogany

Mahogany neck with ebony fretboard

Seymour Duncan custom P-90 pickups

I will finish it transparent red, which will require me to find a good finishing guitar book, but besides that and fixing the nut I should be okay. Basically, I want a multi-purpose guitar, something for blues, classic and hard rock. To me this sounds like the perfect (well as close as you can get to perfect) guitar. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks Brian,

That one piece looks like a steal. I have decided that a quarter inch lam. top would make the guitar nicely balanced, you know, give some brightness back. I have tried to balance everything out, so I have a mahogany neck, but with a bright ebony fretboard. And now, I have a mahogany body, but plan to but a maple top of about a quarter inch on it. I know arch tops, like my hamer, has a more than that but I don't want that much on it. The p-90s are all around evenly balanced pickup, so I think this guitar will be about the perfect blend of brightness and warmth. Just what I am looking for. Thanks for you help.