Homemade Pickguard

Hey guys, Im attempting to make a mirror (aluminum) pickguard. A question i have about doing this is do i need and kind of special backing on the under side of the guard? Not sure but i think iv herd that you need some kinda backing on it cause of the wiring and all lol hate to set it all up and strum my first chord and be electicuted and knocked into tomorrow B) Any info or pointers anyone has out thier would be greatly appereciated :D

If you are going to use aluminum, you'll want to get it clear anodized or you'll forever be having black crap come off, plus it will corrode without anodizing. I would recommend getting a piece of mirror finish stainless steel, if possible, find a machine shop or tool and die shop with a wire EDM machine, they can cut it. It would be a little expensive though. However, stainless steel is a far better choice for the material as it won't corrode, and won't leave black on you everytime you touch it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Man i must'v had a brain fart B) i forgot about the anodized coating on it lol i work around all this stuff everyday gezzzz. Well i tried and i must say its alot harder then i thought lol. Actually Brian that's what i origanally planed was to have "JW" do it for me, I just thought id be "thrifty and crafty" and have a go at it myself :D. I have most the tools needed at work lol (thats where i work on most of my projects) but i think in the long run it will just be easiest to let JW do it lol. Again thanks Brian and "LGM" for the input....It's always appreciated!!!