Help!

angussg

After priming my guitar the grain of the wood completely showed through! I went through the process of removing the primer and am now ready to try again. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be much appreciated. Ive seen some stuff called kilz sealer. Would that do anything??? also i would like to add that the grain seems to be raised in a few spots.

Edited by angussg

After priming my guitar the grain of the wood completely showed through! I went through the process of removing the primer and am now ready to try again. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

Buy some grain filler. I use a product from Feast & Watson that is basically shellac containing lots of powdered stuff - talc or pumice or something I suppose. You slap on a few coats on the bare wood and sand it back level.

You'll also find a lot of talk about grain filling with a bit of searching around here. I've read of people using epoxy, or CA glue even.

I'm gonna go out on a limb by saying this... as it is NOT the correct way to do it... but if you sanded the primer off already it might have filled your grain... theoretically you could just keep priming and sanding it off until the grain is no longer visible... But getting grainfiller is probably the safest, least time-consuming way to do it