Help With H-s-s Diagram

ihocky2

I just bought a Jackson SL1 with a single HB and two SC pickups. They are EMG's and I hate them, look for them in the classifieds soon. Shameless sales plug over, I am looking at this wiring diagram from Seymour Duncan. I will confess up front that I am not the greatest with schematics or diagrams. I want to be able to add the second coil of the HB in at any time I want.

Diagram: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wirin..._2s_1v_1t_5w_pp

So I am thinking that if I run a wire from the other end of the push/pull pot to the open fifth position of the switch, that will allow me to add the split coil in to the neck or middle depending on position. This is how I think it will work out, please correct me if I have any of this wrong or if my wiring is wrong.

And when pushed I will have

Pos. 1) pushed- both coils bridge; pulled south coil bridge.

Pos. 2) pushed- both coils bridge/middle; pulled; south coil bridge/middle

Pos. 3) middle

Pos. 4) pushed- middle/neck; pulled- north coil bridge/middle/neck

Pos. 5) pushed- neck; pulled- north coil, neck

Well...it won't do what you suggest it will...but it might be some interesting potential.

What it wont do...if I am reading your idea right which is hard unless you draw in the mod...is add alternating (north-south) split coils (when pulled it shorts out one of the coils with the red and white wires...always that one!)...

but otherwise, you could use the unused part of the push pull to add the split bridge to the neck selections.

so...you need to take the hot wire of the bridge to the push pull and then to the neck selector position I think.

Interesting idea though...with normal single coils you may not get reduced noise canceling effects but since they are single coils...perhaps it isn't that big a deal as they may be noisy anyway.

pete

After reading through your post and doing more research, I see why my idea won't work. But based on what you said, here is the diagram I came up with, and I think this will work. The purple lines are my addition. And this is how I think the positions will finish up.

Pos. 1) pushed- both coils bridge; pulled south coil bridge.

Pos. 2) pushed- both coils bridge/middle; pulled; south coil bridge/middle

Pos. 3) middle

Pos. 4) pushed- middle/neck; pulled- south coil bridge/middle/neck

Pos. 5) pushed- neck; pulled- south coil/neck

SDWIRE.jpg