That´s OK, Mitch, welcome to the forum. How about sharing your first build with us?

Ok, here goes. Go easy on me i'm only 14.

It's a les paul shape (roughly) with a 24 3/4" scale length. The body is a single peice of cherrywood and I bought that from a local woodyard for £5 (around $10). The neck is cheapish (bought off ebay) and made of maple (of some odd chinese sort) and it is bolt on. The finish on the front is plasti-cote spray paint and danish oil on the back and sides. guitar1.jpg

guitar6.jpg

guitar3.jpg

guitar7.jpg

Overall I'm not 100% happy with this guitar and I think I could have done better and spent a bit more money on it. There are quite a few rough edges and the finish is a bit lumpy. The electronics are okay but its a bit buzzy and there are some feedback problems. Oh and I forgot to mention the back cover looks like male genitals :D . I'm really gonna try and take my time on this next one and I'm gonna try not to go "oh that'll do" as much as possible.

EDIT: I never noticed that white thing in the bottom right corner before on the last photo. I think its the camera wriststrap.

Edited by Mitch
  • 3 weeks later...