ReValver

jbkim

Anyone try ReValver? I just learned about it on another forum. You'll need a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter to plug your guitar into your computer's sound card mic input. I just checked it out... sounds pretty good! B) quite impressed... I'm almost sorry I bought one of those DSP modelers thingies (almost :D... mainly because I use it through my computer most of the time.) My laptop that I just tried it on is too under-powered (I got too much latency.) I think it'd sound good/true in a desktop with a nicer sound card.

I think Revalver is definately not a good sounding plug-in.

Personally, I think Amplitube and Warp VST do better jobs, but it's all subject to taste.

You definately need a low latency sound card to get it to work properly

Ooh, ok. I thought the ReValver sounded pretty good so I should REALLY like those other, huh? Very cool, I'll have to check them out.

nyjbkim, what kinda sound(s) are you looking for?

Well, mainly good tube sounding distortion. Too many things sound too fuzz-boxy, you know what I mean? I've only played with the ReValver for a few minutes and it didn't really sound that bad to me... it's distortion sound kind of reminds me of the Johnson J-Station (also something I've only played for a few minutes :D) Oh, actually, it also had a Rockman response/feel to it too.

I'll keep those tips in mind when I check them out. I'm looking forward to less "clutter" around my computer.

Oh, while we're kind of on the subject, can you (or anyone) recommend a software drum machine? I've played around with PC Drummer and LeafDrums and will probably check out Fruity Loops (I think it's called.) The more I can do in software, the better (less clutter in tiny room :D.)

Ugh!!! I hate computers! B)

I spent most of yesterday fighting with my laptop... I d/l-ed Sonar... it didn't like my sound card :D. Oh, well! I still haven't tried the Amplitube and Warp VST that tsl602000 recommended... I'll try them today. Anyway, I still like the way ReValver sounds and I like the user interface. Realtime sync-ing is a drag though. It's kind of surprising to record a dead cold dry guitar plugged into the mic jack and hear it come alive after applying the distortion, etc. after the fact. Pretty cool new toys for me to play with :D.

i have sonar 2.0xl. it came with fruity loops, wich is good, but i like the drag ang drop drummer plug in. i'm not sure where to get it, but is's nice. it has beats, fills and intros outros, and you just drag and drop the loos you want, and with a little reverb ala sonar, it sounds convincing.

p.s. my sound card is a Creative audigy 5.1. they have an audigy 2 out now that rocks, if you are in the market for a new sound card.

Yeah. I was hoping to minimize additional hardware (and clutter)... trying to use the built-in (crappy) sound card in my laptop... trying to do things mostly in software. My laptop only has USB 1.x so the Audigy (USB 2.0,) while I'm sure is a good value, would not be optimal. If I were to get an external sound card, I'd probably look into an Echo, Terratec, DigiDesign or something like that (I'll need to do MUCH more research) and make use of a PCMCIA device.

Oh, now I've tried the Amplitude. I agree with tsl602000. It is a mess (bad user interface design) to get a good sound from it. And I couldn't try the Warp VST because Steinberg doesn't have it (or any of it's products) available for download. Well, I'm ok with the ReValver for now... I still say it sounds pretty good :D and the UI is easy B).