More Of My Guitars...

corsair

Well, I'm here so shall share some of my work, which compared to most of you fellas is very basic indeed...

I have to confess that I am Matsumoku fan in general and a Westone fan specifically so most of my work involves acquiring bent models and restoring 'em... This is a Westone Clipper, - one of a pair that I have - that arrived with a lifting fretboard, scrambled electrics, no nut, plenty of dings and scratches and munted hardware. You know, the usual "good condition" guitar of an auction site!! :D

overview.jpg

After quite a bit of finicky work, application of various glues, bits and sweat I wound up with a(nother) very nice super-tele which was supposed to be sold on to make the wife happy, but hasn't quite made it yet! I even managed to find a complete Bendmaster bridge here in NZ for less than a kings ransom, so sometimes you do have a win!!

DSCN6635.jpg

I have an Electra X195 in a blueburst finish that needed a little TLC - usual stuff, knobs, nut etc - and needs the paint re-done too, but I'm loathe to touch it as it is, again, a little beyond me! I'm happy to do anything on a guitar apart from the fancier paint finishes!! :D This is it with my Westone Spectrum GT, which was in very good nick...

Thetwins.jpg