Acoustic Triple O Build

I had to make a new back, I tried gluing it the same way as the soundboard but it didn't work to good. . .

The angle of those clamps for attanching the top looked concerning to me.

It does look like a good idea, but I'de suggest using some sort of spacer similar to strap clamps in the machinist world to make those wooden clamp bars more horizontal.

The opposite angle would actually work better.

vblck.jpg

GT that looking very nice indeed.

The photo of the soundboard fully braced with the sun shining on it is an xlent picture very arty. Also the one where the light is reflecting off the back of the neck, shows a nice and even curve, it's a technique I use to see if a curve is true and even, if the light is misshaped or it makes shadows where there shouldn't be any, then you know a bit more adjustment has to be done.

Edited by jaycee

I had to make a new back, I tried gluing it the same way as the soundboard but it didn't work to good. . .

The angle of those clamps for attanching the top looked concerning to me.

It does look like a good idea, but I'de suggest using some sort of spacer similar to strap clamps in the machinist world to make those wooden clamp bars more horizontal.

The opposite angle would actually work better.

vblck.jpg

I tried that too and it did help a lot, might have worked ok but found the go bars were better.

I ended up getting the body sprayed after having trouble with the shellac. I leveled and dressed the frets beforehand and today polished it and got the bridge glued on.

Frets:

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

Finish:

IMG_3015.jpg

Bridge

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg