Stenciling A Logo On A Headstock

Hello there, well i've finally got the to stage where I'm about 96% finished and would like to logo my guitar, I've tried the Decal method on a few test pieces without success as it just looked like.... well a decal stuck on, because I'm using a satin finish you can see where theoutline of where the logo has been cut.

So thought if I used a stencil and sprayed it on it would yield much cleaner results. and due to it's size it's very fiddly to cut

wondered if anyone has done a headstock this way or knows of any places that offer a stencil cutting service?

Cheers :D

Hello there, well i've finally got the to stage where I'm about 96% finished and would like to logo my guitar, I've tried the Decal method on a few test pieces without success as it just looked like.... well a decal stuck on, because I'm using a satin finish you can see where theoutline of where the logo has been cut.

So thought if I used a stencil and sprayed it on it would yield much cleaner results. and due to it's size it's very fiddly to cut

wondered if anyone has done a headstock this way or knows of any places that offer a stencil cutting service?

Cheers :D

I can tell you right now that this has little chance of working. I have tried this before and no matter what I did, the spray always found a way of creeping underneath the stencil, even when it was cut from adhesive material. Your best option if waterslide decals don't work for you is to have a vinyl decal made. This is simply a thin, adhesive cutting of whatever design, logo or name you want on your headstock, that you can lacquer over top of.