First Project, First Post.....

Came across this bass:

intermark.jpg

liked the body, but couldnt find any information about the company other than it was a japanese company called cipher, distributed in the US under the name Intermark. and its around 1960's era.

thats the only before pic i have, i took everything off, the neck was wasted, and the electronics beyond repair.

so this is how it sits right now:

Photo0540.jpg

Photo0541.jpg

filling in the holes and deep scars, still have to sand down the sides.

bought a used ibanez neck:

neck1.jpg

Plans are:

for the time being im going to replace the inlays with black dots,

12th and 24th fret will have a red bar inlay.

eventually it will be a clean (inlay free) bloodwood fretboard

Carbon fiber pickguard

Q-tuners humbucker pickups

Schaller roller bridge

and finally a Burnt orange finish.

I believe thats all. for now

Welcome! If you chosen guitar building as a hobby, you must hate having money. I know I do. :D

EDIT: I was going to ask if the scale length on the body and the neck matched, and then realized the bridge isn't routed. Anyway, make sure that if you don't understand what I'm talking about, you find out soon! Good luck!

-Dave

Edited by dpm99

thanks,

and dave, im waiting until i get the neck in, should hopefully be here this weekend, to get it mocked up and figure the placement for the bridge.

any advice as to where i can find a place to tell me how far the bridge should be from the nut?

thats the only thing im missing.

and i love having money, but i love guitars and bass just the same, its a constant battle between good and evil. lol.

thanks,

and dave, im waiting until i get the neck in, should hopefully be here this weekend, to get it mocked up and figure the placement for the bridge.

any advice as to where i can find a place to tell me how far the bridge should be from the nut?

thats the only thing im missing.

and i love having money, but i love guitars and bass just the same, its a constant battle between good and evil. lol.

Determine the length from the inside edge of the nut to the twelfth fret. That should be the distance from the 12th fret to the break point on your string saddles. So the active string length (the scale length) is twice the distance of the nut to the 12th fret.

-Dave

Just a quick update.

Ordered a Schaller roller bridge

spent 3 hours yesterday trying to find the paint that i want. found it and have to order it.

ordered my Q-tuners, four wire, and still looking at/for different options on how to run them.

i do have to say that Erno at Q-tuners, exceptional customer service. emailed him asking a few questions about the pickups and it was maybe close to 10 or 11 pm where they are located if not later, yet i still recieved a response about 30 min after i sent.

other than that, its still waiting for parts. did a little more sanding, and should be ready for prime and paint in the next few days.