Complete Instructions

angussg

Ill get right to the point: What i need is a complete guide or info on how to wire my entire guitar. What I have is two humbuckers each with two different wires coming from it, two pots, and a switch. I am just looking for the simplest wiring solution possible and i do NOT have diagrams for the pickups as they are cheap ones off of ebay. Any help is appreciated

Edited by angussg

Does it matter which wire goes where? Also the switch is four way - sorry for the lack of detail. also when wiring the pots should the black line from the neck pickup be wired anywhere on the base of the pot? lastly is the red wire on the switch all one continuous wire or is it several diiferent ones?

-Thanks

Edited by angussg

You may need to search around for sites that give some more basic details about wiring and soldering basics. If you are new to soldering...do some practice. For pots, sand an area to get some bare metal to solder to. Basically the ground to the back of the pot is there to connect any and all ground wires too.

On a two wire pickup...the shielded part is ground...but if just normal wires, one will be ground the other hot...as long as you are consistent between pickups it doesn't matter much which is which.

A four way switch is very unusual...generally things are three way on such a scheme...N, N+B and B pickup selections. All switches are different and really without more details and possibly pics of what you wnat to do and the types of components you seek to use...there is little I can advise on at this stage.

pete