Fender Bass Neck Specs

I have been looking for specs for a fender bass neck, P bass to be exact a 51 would be even better. Cant seem to find a profile anywhere. I have an over head view of the neck and headstock but thats only half the profile I need.

Any clues as to where I can find this. I will even take some simple specs no drawing necessary.

What no one has any fender bass neck specs???????????????

If I asked for Corvus specs I would have 40 replys by now.

Someone must have a P Bass and a set of calipers and 3 minutes.

Need thickness of neck at the heel

neck thicknees of the neck at the nut and where the heal starts

Headstock thickness.

If no one replies by tomorrow, I'll head down to my local guitar shop with some calipers and measure for you :D I don't think I'll find a 51, but I'll see what I can do!

I think the 51 is very close to a P bass except for the large D profile, which is not being used. I have a template coming which has the heel cutout and I have the head stock pattern made. So from above I am fine.

No one ownes a P bass on this forum? Maybe I should have also joined Talk Bass, LOL

Well If you do go to the store for me I will be very grateful for the help, lets hope it does not come to that.

Here's all the specs I could get for you. I couldn't find an accurate way to measure the thickness of the neck from fretboard to back, because I don't have calipers but here's what I've got through string and rulers!

Width at Nut: 1.66"

Width at 12th Fret: 2.55"

Neck Profile: Soft C (according to tags)

Fingerboard Radius: 14"

Scale (Nut - 12th Fret): 17 "

Scale: (Nut - 21st Fret): 24"

There seems to be a double standard as far as measuring goes. Some parts were measured in Standard, and the rest was in Metric.

Machine Head pegholes: 17mm Diameter

Width at Heel: 65mm

Depth at Heel: 26mm

Hope that helps! If there's anything else, they're pretty used to me coming in there with rulers and asking for oddball items (truss rod adapters, tuning machine bushings, etc.) They know I buy stuff :D

Here's all the specs I could get for you. I couldn't find an accurate way to measure the thickness of the neck from fretboard to back, because I don't have calipers but here's what I've got through string and rulers!

Width at Nut: 1.66"

Width at 12th Fret: 2.55"

Neck Profile: Soft C (according to tags)

Fingerboard Radius: 14"

Scale (Nut - 12th Fret): 17 "

Scale: (Nut - 21st Fret): 24"

There seems to be a double standard as far as measuring goes. Some parts were measured in Standard, and the rest was in Metric.

Machine Head pegholes: 17mm Diameter

Width at Heel: 65mm

Depth at Heel: 26mm

Hope that helps! If there's anything else, they're pretty used to me coming in there with rulers and asking for oddball items (truss rod adapters, tuning machine bushings, etc.) They know I buy stuff :D

Thanks it is a good start, I appreciate your effort.

Again thanks.

Don't know how close stewmac's necks are to the original, but here's their specs:

bass neck

They are just missing two things I needed the heel height and the pedhead thickness. I will figure out the peghead from the tuners and use the specs that were provided by Narcissism for the heel.

I have found someone who will bring over a Fender clone to measure cant be that far off.

"Why the heck would you want to do that anyway?!?!" :D

My answer would be I have no room left on my current wall of shame (old scrapped guitars I display for kicks, they stand to remind me of past failures). Trying to keep my builds to ones that I would like, even though the challenge was interesting. When they get to a more pleasing shape for a build off then I may consider it.

I don't know about the P, but the J's headstock thickness is 19/32" (finished)

Hey that helps. Thanks