An Honest Floyd Question

I have a Strat knock off, a Jay Turser. It's the same size as the Strat Standard, and I was wondering, can I Floyd it? It isn't recessed, and has the normal cavity for a Fender style trem. I'm not worried about recessing, I just wanna know if it'll work soundly and efficiently.

Also, can I just buy a Floyd, from say GuitarFetish, and slap that puppy on there? Or would I have to follow some procedure?

Take a look at one of the pinned threads that has trem route sizes, including a link to the floyd rose site. That'll tell you if you have enough room one. The big thing you want to pay attention too (besides if the route will fit right) is where the posts go in relation to the nut. If that works out and it probably will, you're good to go.

I have a Strat knock off, a Jay Turser. It's the same size as the Strat Standard, and I was wondering, can I Floyd it? It isn't recessed, and has the normal cavity for a Fender style trem. I'm not worried about recessing, I just wanna know if it'll work soundly and efficiently.

Also, can I just buy a Floyd, from say GuitarFetish, and slap that puppy on there? Or would I have to follow some procedure?

You will generally need to open up the route a little, and you'll need to carefully locate the bushings. You will also have to do a bit of machining on the neck to accept the locking nut - but it's pretty straight forward if you have the tools.

Not being recessed, you'll definitely need to shim the neck to get a little neck angle too, but it will work fine.

This any help?

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...c=38725&hl=

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...c=39965&hl=

I don't have any neck angle on this guitar, hence the recessed bridge. It works perfectly!

DJ

PS - I'm amazed how often this question comes up. Maybe someone could put together a tutorial and have it pinned or something?