1st Build: Sg

I just find imperial confusing. 18 and 5/8th's of an inch equals 18.5...whatever inches and then you have to find it etc. MM is right there, if its 461.5mm its 461.5mm straight forward and easy. A question to any american carpenters out there.....on the construction site do you use feet and inches? Like cut me a rafter 4 ft 5 and 3/4inches?

Sorry ranman106 for a little hijack! Im glad though you have worked out the scale! :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find imperial confusing. 18 and 5/8th's of an inch equals 18.5...whatever inches and then you have to find it etc. MM is right there, if its 461.5mm its 461.5mm straight forward and easy. A question to any american carpenters out there.....on the construction site do you use feet and inches? Like cut me a rafter 4 ft 5 and 3/4inches?

Sorry ranman106 for a little hijack! Im glad though you have worked out the scale! :D

18.625 actually :D

And yes, we say It just like that, feet and inches.

18.625 actually :D

And yes, we say It just like that, feet and inches.

Haha classic! I would be lost if i worked with you on site!

Lightly sanded the front of the body today so my pencil marks would stay. I quadruple measured and measured again! So here is what I have, never mind the squiggle line on the patch its a flaw in the wood. I traced the outline of my roller nashville bridge so I could see where it will be mounted. Now to place the bridge pickup cavity. Based on measurements from mine and my sons guitars, I think the bridge pickup ring should be mounted at 13/16" in front of the bridge at the closest (1st string) . Any thoughts on this?

DSCF0001.jpg

You should drill for the bridge first.

Yeah, I plan to but I was needing input on how close to mount the bridge pickup in relation to the bridge.

Just measured one one mine.

I have it at .406" to the PICKUP RING, on the treble side, and .573" on the bass side to the pickup ring.

Thanks! I hope to be drilling this weekend!

Just a little update. Got the drill press out yesterday to drill the bride post holes and wouldn't you know it. My drill press is dead!!! Going to pickup another one tomorrow if its in stock.

No way! How did that happen?

Motor will switch on but not engage. :D

It's ok though. Bought a better drill press today. It was an early father's day gift!

Just a little update. Got the drill press out yesterday to drill the bride post holes and wouldn't you know it. My drill press is dead!!! Going to pickup another one tomorrow if its in stock.

No way! How did that happen?

Motor will switch on but not engage. :D

It's ok though. Bought a better drill press today. It was an early father's day gift!

I did that with my dads thickness planer. He wasn't too happy.