Simple On/ Off Switch!?

wood is good

Im no expert either but you could just get a SPDT or DPDT on/on and just put it in line with the active going to the jack. Connect the wire "in" to the switch on the middle pin and continue the wire from either side of the switch (it doesn't matter). That way its just a break in the active wire. Hope this helps.

Im no expert either but you could just get a SPDT or DPDT on/on and just put it in line with the active going to the jack. Connect the wire "in" to the switch on the middle pin and continue the wire from either side of the switch (it doesn't matter). That way its just a break in the active wire. Hope this helps.

Breaking the signal alone is not enough in a lot of cases. Shorting the signal to ground is a better approach then just opening the circuit, in my limited experience.

I dont see how an on/on is very different from an on/off.

on/off has 2 terminals. one missing. there is nothing to ground it to unless by some odd chance the metal on the body acts as a ground. even then on something like a plastic strat gaurd, you wont have a ground connection. I will check with my ohm meter tonight.

on/on has 3 terminals. just dont use one and you have on/off.

I have 3 on/on used as coil on/off on a strat instead of 5 way switch.

1 on/off for master piezo

and 6 on/on sliders for piezo selection.

Not one od these make a peep when swicthed to off, all are broken circuits minus the master piezo switch.

I guess if you are getting noise, the on/on with a ground is the only way to go.

If this is a master kill, this would be the only way to go. Instant silence.

I just installed a master kill push button on my V. thinking about rigging it up so it works both ways. master kill, or master on.