So... uuhh... I'm new here. I like long walks on the beach accompanied by a little death metal. :D

I've got a 1972 Ovation and had an old junker squire strat. I'm self taught and I've been playing for almost 5 years now.

Not too long ago my old junker squire strat died a horrible death. The body ended up cracked pretty bad in a couple of places. It was pretty depressing. For various reason (my kid, the crappy economy, the wife, ect...) money is pretty tight. I've decided to rebuild said junker guitar. Bigger, faster, stronger...

I scrounged e-bay for some killer deals on some basic stuff just to get the major portion of the build done. The wife okay'd a new body to fix the guitar, but the pick guard was cracked, so I picked up a loaded pick guard in an HH configuration as well. I have no idea what humbuckers are on it and supposedly the pots are from AllParts. Either way, its not important right now. I'm going to convert the body to a hard tail and getting the major work done so that I don't have to go back and refinish my guitar again. I can always come back and swap electronics later.

So in a nut shell, I came here to pick your guy's brains for useful in formation. I'm pretty impressed with a lot of the work I've seen on here and hopefully now that it seems as though I've found a good online community to gather information from; I can produce a no frills not-so-strat strat that is a quality piece of work.

Edited by Optiskate

:D Hello! :D

Why don't you start a build thread and post some pics of what parts and materials you're working with so's we can have a look-see, and lets get this party started!

I have a few questions about what you listed, but I'll wait to post them in your build thread. B)

:D Hello! B)

Why don't you start a build thread and post some pics of what parts and materials you're working with so's we can have a look-see, and lets get this party started!

I have a few questions about what you listed, but I'll wait to post them in your build thread. ;)

Alright, I'll start one here. Not sure if it will be tonight, wife and time dictating. I can post pics of the parts I bought because I scrounged the pics off Ebay for reference.

Theres probably going to a lot of stuff thats off or odd because this is really my first attempt at building a guitar. I read and attempt to self educate a lot, but when the build starts the real learning will begin. :D

I suppose I'll start the build thread in the Solid body and Bass section under Franken Strat.

Thanks for the welcome. B)