Assembling Semi-professional

Mr. Preston Swift

Alright. So i'm trying to assemble a descent sounding, hopefully not too complicated, and above all, cheap rig to play through. It's mostly going to be used to play clubs and small outdoor shows at the very most. I'm not exactly made of money, i need this to be hopefully under but probably + or - $1000. I really like a diversity of sounds and effects to be available. For size and power i'm looking for a stack system at around 100w.

For the effects i was seriously considering Guitar Rig by Native Intruments (link @ bottom) with the floorboard but then abandoned the idea when I found out that it needed a computer to run even a live set up (and I don't have a portable one or want to invest in one). I need something with a large diversity of good quality sounds and effects that can be programed with ease. Does anyone recommend anything?

For the amp i was looking into a sort of cheap solid state or the $400 Peavey windsor tube stack, basically something like a blank but relitively powerful slate to lay effects and modeling on top of it seeing that the best sounds for the budget come from modeling programs. I've looked into Line 6 Spider II and III amps and i'm not a fan of them.

I'm kind of rambling here so i'll shorten everything... What is a descent modeling program like NI's Guitar Rig or an FX board or whatever that is under $500? And Is it a good idea to get a cheap powerful solid state amp and lay effects down over top of it? If so what's a good one/brand to get?

link to Native Instruments Guitar Rig: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tion?sku=702973

Edited by Mr. Preston Swift