Quick Question.

I live in an apartment building and there are building dumpsters and recycling bins. Not too long ago, I went down to the recycle dumpster to drop off a load of garbage and lo and behold. What lay on top of a stack of cardboard was what looked like a guitar. I picked it up and sure enough it was an acoustic. I read the label "Yamaha Fg-150". Since I am an electric bassist, I had no clue. I examined it and determined that aside from a lot of dust, some finish scratches and knicks here and there, it is in sound condition.

Now for the big obvious dumb question....

What should I do with it? I mean, sand it down, add filler, re finish or keep its road worn charm?

• 3 weeks later...
I live in an apartment building and there are building dumpsters and recycling bins. Not too long ago, I went down to the recycle dumpster to drop off a load of garbage and lo and behold. What lay on top of a stack of cardboard was what looked like a guitar. I picked it up and sure enough it was an acoustic. I read the label "Yamaha Fg-150". Since I am an electric bassist, I had no clue. I examined it and determined that aside from a lot of dust, some finish scratches and knicks here and there, it is in sound condition.

Now for the big obvious dumb question....

What should I do with it? I mean, sand it down, add filler, re finish or keep its road worn charm?

FG-150 are REAL good guitars, bringing in some $ on ebay. VERY likely that it will need a neck reset, if the action's high/saddle low. You are one lucky ---!

Edited by MexicanBreed