Fake Binding

Hi! first post here...:D

I currently have an epiphone g400 SG with an unbound fretboard...I really miss the looks of a binding, and I'm asking if there's some easy way to replicate it...maybe smooth painting or something, because I think if I'm to apply real binding I need to refinish the neck... :D

Oh, and I searched for a rather similar topic, but couldn't find, if there's one, please merge the two.

Thanks for any help!

You could put your own fretboard on and use wood binding, that way you can cut the frets like normal. Not sure if that would be too much work for you to get what you want. But as far as I know, the only way to get the binding look on a fretboard is to use binding of some kind :D

I would definitely not suggest dying the edges of the fretboard. I only foresee bad things happening.

You could put your own fretboard on and use wood binding, that way you can cut the frets like normal. Not sure if that would be too much work for you to get what you want. But as far as I know, the only way to get the binding look on a fretboard is to use binding of some kind :D

I would definitely not suggest dying the edges of the fretboard. I only foresee bad things happening.

Sould I need to refinish the neck if I exchange the fretboards? I mean the edges should be sanded together, right? And sanging would most probably hurt the finish on the neck.