Build #4: It's A... Firemaster Perhaps?

Time to bring this one back from the dead... or at least from the closet where it's been hanging for a long time. This is what it looks like now:

2a.jpg

3a-1.jpg

4a-1.jpg

7a-1.jpg

Still have to decide what type of knobs to use (dome knobs, amber bellknobs, something else that I haven't thought about yet...) and if I'm going to have pickups with or without open metal covers. Have to do some testing... I also tried polishing it but leaving the outer strip unpolished to make it look darker. I'm not sure I like it.

i think it looks great in the pics how the edge is slightly different. the headstock looks like its glowing! but i guess how it looks in person and how it looks in pics is always different so you're on your own with this one it seems

Yeah, the idea with a darker edge isn't bad. It just has to be a"naturally aged/darkened" edge instead of a lot of fingerprints... It's really hard to take pictures of it, sometimes it's really bright, sometimes dark and sometimes it has a warm glow like the headstock in that pic. Taking pics with a flash is totally out of the question...