P90 In A Rogue Rocketeer

Frankencaster

Hi to all,

Thanks for putting up this forum, I am recently getting interested in modifications and building of electrics. If someone would be so kind: I have a Rogue Rocketeer that I want to use as the platform for some various experiments ($99.00 shipped so no great loss in the event of disasters) and was considering putting a pair of Kent Diamond Soapbar P90s in the middle and bridge positions. Question: Do I need to change the pots as well, if so, up-K or down-K? Thanks, Im a definite newbie at this, and its remarkable I just dont have the soldering iron out and smoking already as it is...any wisdom most appreciated..Mike in Brooklyn...

well i belive the tradition is to use 500k pots with p90's i don't have any idean what you have in the guitar already. but it really doesnt matter if they are 250k pots they will work but wont be quit as bright as what you get with 500k pots.

btw k is short for kilo. resistance is measured in ohms so the pots are actualy 500,000 ohm pots or 250,000 ohm pots.

the pickup routes will have to be widened to fit in soapbar p90's they are bigger than single coils and a bit bigger than a humbucker.

you can get a p90 in a humbucker casing but again that wont fit in the middle position (that is if this is the guitar you're talking about > http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics.../9/5/653495.jpg ).

the pickup routes will have to be widened to fit in soapbar p90's they are bigger than single coils and a bit bigger than a humbucker.

you can get a p90 in a humbucker casing but again that wont fit in the middle position (that is if this is the guitar you're talking about > http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics.../9/5/653495.jpg ).

THANKS Tim and Samba for your help with this...gosh Samba what you stated is so obvious, there's no room for that second P90 without redesigning the guitar...I actually do have a humbucker shaped P90 that can go in the bridge recess....maybe I'll be more modest and just that one in as my first stage project.

Thanks again...Mike