Hw1 Vs. Standard

Razbo

Not counting hardware (pick ups, tuners, etc) is there much quality difference between a Fender Highway 1 Strat and a Standard Strat? I'm thinking of quality of fretwork, etc. ...I know, I know, go play one of each and decide for myself, right? :D

i have looked at the Hwy 1's several times and cant find any thing bad about them. to me they give a little more of a vintage vibe with the nitro finish and 6 screw trem (btw if ya set up a vintage trem right they stay in tune) btw they have a mexican string spacing but and american screw spacing on the trem. as far as i can tell there isnt a diffence in tuners (my mexican tuners apear to be the same as my american tuners) the one big draw back for me is the cbs head stock on the strats it just kills the looks.

i have looked at the Hwy 1's several times and cant find any thing bad about them. to me they give a little more of a vintage vibe with the nitro finish and 6 screw trem (btw if ya set up a vintage trem right they stay in tune) btw they have a mexican string spacing but and american screw spacing on the trem. as far as i can tell there isnt a diffence in tuners (my mexican tuners apear to be the same as my american tuners) the one big draw back for me is the cbs head stock on the strats it just kills the looks.

Interesting info in the string and screw spacing; I wasn't aware of that. I know some folks don't like the 70's era headstock. Although supposedly the big headstock was to increase visibility of the label, I think there's some theory that more mass in the headstock mass improves sustain? Couldn't say myself, but I'm pretty much unaware of my headstock when I'm playing :D