Something In-between 6105 And 6100

Is this about looks or feel ? Well, actually with either, I ain't buying that a .005" difference in width is enough to justify going with a wire of questionable quality (and I say that, because I'm not aware of the better fret-wire factories making an in-between size like that, right now).

.090 is plenty wide. Think about all those guitars made before the 1940's with .050 wide frets. Seems every one I've ever heard sounds fantastic (if only I knew how much the narrow frets had to do with it)

I want a high crown (.055 - both), but I find the 6100 too wide (.110) and the 6105 too thin (.090).

Anything out there that's (.053-.055) high and and something like (.095-.102) wide?

The only wire I can think of that comes remotely close, is Jescar FW-51108 (.051x.108) and these have a soft pyramidal profile.

They do feel good to me and apparently are the fret used on the Anderson Strats and I think PRS is using them on some guitars as well IIRC.

The 6105 is pretty slim, but what about the 6150?

I have played these for about 23+ years and while checking out frets lately realized this is what I had put on my Lead II.

I always loved that neck and so has everyone else who has played it. The frets do not exactly feel short and stumpy in the least.

Worn as they have gotten, you do get a reasonable bit of fingerboard feel now but the neck is still very fast.

Edited by orangedrop